Carrot cake

19:00

It's Autumn  time yaaay! Leaves are turning into yellow and orange colours and falling down. It is getting colder and colder and we need something to get warm. For example tea. But we need something sweet  and tasty to drink tea with. Like very tasty carrot cake, which recipe i'm going to tell you now :)

Even from my childhood I really enjoyed eating carrot cakes in cafes ( maybe because of carrot made of something sweet on each piece of cake :D) and I still love them. It is not too sweet, dough is very tasty and  generally it is really great.
A few people on the internet and in real life asked me if people who don't like carrot would enjoy this cake or not. To be honest, you won't really feel the taste of carrot in the cake. Carrot makes dough more sweet and mellow so don't afraid to cook it.

There are lots of versions of how to make carrot cake and I want to share with you my favourite one. It is very easy to make and very tasty to eat. My family like this cake.

So let's start making delicious autumn carrot cake♥


You will need: 
2×22 cm round cake tins Ingridients♡

 For cake: 

  • 400g of sugar
  •  300 ml of sunflower oil 
  • 4 eggs 
  • 360g of plain flour
  •  1.5 teaspoons of baking powder
  •  2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon 
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg 
  • 1 teaspoon of ginger 
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract 
  • 380g of grated carrot
  •  150g of walnut(cut it in small pieces) (and you can leave some for decoration if you want) 
  • 50g of small raisins 


For icing(for three cake layers( I know I have written that we will need 2 tins. I have one so I had to wait until the first cake layer is ready to make the second and the second one is a little bit bigger so I cutted it in two part and i had three layers).)


  •  140g of unsalted chilled butter
  •  300g of icing sugar 
  • 500g of cream cheese (I used mascarpone)
  •  2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  •  Just a little bit of lemon juice 


So let's start cooking :) 

Step 1: 
Preheat oven to 180º 

Step 2: 
Add sugar and oil in a bowl and mix it. Mix in the eggs, add flour with baking powder and mix it until combined. 

Step 3: 
Add cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger vanilla extract just a little bit of salt and mix again.




 Step 4: 
Add grated carrot, walnuts and raisings into this mixture and mix until everything has come together nicely. 




Step 5:
 Line tins with paper for baking and pour mixture into the tin. If you have one tin, pour a half of the mixture in it and put tin in the oven. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Repeat the same with the second cake layer of our cake. 




Step 6:
 So let's start making our butter icing. Mix butter with icing sugar. Add cheese (as I have mentioned I add mascarpone) and vanilla extract. Mix it. Add just a drop of lemon juice. Put our icing in the fridge.



 Step 7: 
The second cake layer is ready. If it is much bigger than the first one cut it in two cake layers. Wait until layers become cooled. 

Step 8: 
When the cake layers are cooled, put icing off from the fridge. Put the icing on the first layer, put the second layer on the top and put the icing on it too and do the same with the third layer. Add some decorations, I used some walnuts :) What are your ideas?





Step 9:
Put our super duper cake in the fridge for 4 hours ( or just leave it there for the whole night like me).

Step 10 (aka the most important step):
It's time to eat our carrot cake! Make some tea, eat a piece of cake and become happy because this cake is amazing, yaay♥




Tadaaaam, well done :D This carrot cake will bright these cold Autumn days and will make you happy  :)


I hope you really enjoyed this blogpost and let me know if you decided to make this carrot cake here in the comments, on twitter ( @iamok26), or instagram (@iamok26).

School is much harder this year but i'll try to upload as soon as I can. AND MASSIVE THANK YOU FOR 400 FOLLOWERS ON BLOGLOVIN! ( here is the link) I still can't believe it actually. Thank you for your support ♥♥♥

I wish you happy Autumn days,

I am OK

You Might Also Like

4 коммент.

  1. This looks so good, I need to try it myself! Obsessed with you blog, keep up the amazing work! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you so much Adele! Don't forget to send me a photo if you decided to try it :)

      Удалить
  2. This looks so good! We don't have carrot cake enough but maybe we'll give this one a try!

    Jessica & James | foodandbaker.co.uk

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. You definitely should give this cake a try, it was very tasty :D

      Удалить