Postcrossing

18:00

Hello everyone :)
So today I decided to tell you about my hobbie which is called Postcrossing.



Postcrossing- is exchanging postcards with people al over the world.

Every time I come back from school, I always check my postbox with little hope to see a postcard there. And the feeling when you receive new postcard is indescribably. You never know from what countries you will get postcards, it is absolutely random. After that I read a small text from a sender where he/she has written you about himself/herself, about hobbies, life, city, country, traditions, events, thoughts, quotes.Let's be honest, this is really interesting. This is a great way for learning something new about different countries, cities. And also it is good for practising foreign language and it is an opportunity to find new friends!

I have started postcrossing almost one year ago and I have !!!!!!!!!! postcards in my collection, 29 I have received using Postcrossing site, and also I have received !!!! cards from my best friend ( hey, if you are reading this, thank you) and also I got some for myself during trips and I got 2 handmade postcards from my another friend which is soooo cute. Of course the idea of postcrossing is exchanging postcards with people all around the world but I count these ones too because I love them all ♥

So how does it all work?

There is a site https://www.postcrossing.com where you have to register.
You make an account where you write about yourself, your hobbies ( some people write about what type of postcards they would like to get, the most famous are postcards with cities, landscapes etc) and your address. You also write what languages  you know. I wrote Russian ( my native language), English ( you will receive most of postcards written in English) and German which I'm studying right now. There are lots of postcrossing members from Germany so it's a great practice for my German skills and I often bring some postcards on my lessons.

So, your profile is ready.

After you made a profile, you can get up to 5 different addresses ( more postcards you sent-more addresses you can get at the same time). You never know from what country you'll get address to send a postcard to, it's absolutely random. Read a profile of a person whom you are going to send a postcard, look what languages they know, what are they favourite postcards and notice a special ID CODE. You have to write it on your postcard, so when a person will receive it, he/she will write it on postcrossing site so you'll know that your postcard got to receiver and that means that  someone just got your address to send YOU a postcard.

And now we need to choose a postcard, get stamps in your local post office, write a small message where you write something about yourself, many people like when you write something on your native language and an English translation to it. And don't forget to write that code.

Next step is to find a mailbox, put postcards in it and wait, just wait until that person will receive your postcard :)
After that you will receive cards, and then you send them again, and recieve and send...this is how postcrossing works 😊

I got postcards from lots of countries all around the world and I want to share with you some of them:

Let's start with these ones I bought in Finland before Christmas



These are some postcards I received from Germany. The left one is one of my first received postcards ever. And the right one is one of my favourites.




Back to Christmas related, I received these from Germany and Estonia. I wanted to share this photo with you because I was so happy to receive them this winter :)




I really want to visit Prague one day. The left postcard was received because of postccrossing project and the right one is from my best friend, we have our own little postcrossing just for two people😁



I recently got another postcard from Krakow and I'm very happy about it. Have you checked out my first interview in "Around the world" project? Click here to read it. It is about Krakow. More interviews are coming soon



The postcards from Belarus and from capital of my country :)  ( I got the right one when I was on a trip to Moscow this summer. I really liked it)



One of my biggest postcards. It was exciting to receive a postcard from Indonesia.



Postcards which made a long trip from the USA and Canada




My Asian postcards: from Japan, South Korea and Taiwan.



I have soooo many other postcards but I'm planning to share with you more postcards from my collection but later so don't forget to subscribe to my blog ( just click here) to see more of my blogposts :)

I hope you enjoyed this blogpost. Write me in the comments which one of these postcards is your favourites. And if you started to take part in postcrossing after my blogpost, let me know, maybe we will exchange postcards :)


Have a nice day,
I am OK 

You Might Also Like

24 коммент.

  1. I used to do postcrossing but then the postage fees got too expensive so I had to give up on this hobby. I don't remember how many postcards I've got in my collection, but I think at least 40. I asked specifically for postcards with illustrations and cartoons (among other things) so I've got some really cool ones as my precious posessions. xD I really liked your Christmas themed postcards. The one with the little girl is my favorite. And the postcard from Krakow in sepia is also very beautiful.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Thank you Halyna! I would like to see your collection of postcards with illustrations, I think this is very cute :)

      Удалить
    2. Here's a link to my gallery https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Halchenya/gallery
      There are only 31 postcard there which is strange 'cause I specifically remember scanning the postcards. I guess I'll have to dig through my files to find those scans and upload the rest of my collection to the gallery))

      Удалить
    3. Заметила, что у вас в профиле написано что вы знаете русский, так что я думаю вы не против, что свой ответ пишу так) Мне очень понравилась ваша коллекция и в особенности эта открытка из Австралии https://www.postcrossing.com/postcards/AU-142291 . У вас так много открыток из разных стран, у меня пока что не такое большое количество стран, откуда я получила открытки, но всё впереди :)

      Удалить
    4. Рада, что понравилась моя коллекция)

      Удалить
  2. This is so interesting, I've never heard of post crossing before! Thanks so much for sharing xo

    ОтветитьУдалить
  3. This sounds like such an amazing idea I am sooo going to join this website! I like the drawn bridge from Asia :) x
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. Aw I'm happy that you like the idea of postcrossing♥ That postcard is from Japan, I like it too x

      Удалить
  4. I had never heard of this before! It looks like such a cool idea!
    Robyn // http://www.midnightandlace.co.uk

    ОтветитьУдалить
  5. This is such a great idea! I'd never heard of this before but think it's brilliant!

    Kirsty
    www.corinneandkirsty.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I'm glad that you liked it :) This is such a great way to explore the world not leaving your house :D

      Удалить
  6. Thank you SO much for introducing me to this website! I had a pen friend in America once but it got so expensive sending letters there but sending letters to Germany would be so helpful to practise my German x

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. As far as I know, it doesn't matter how far you send your postcard or letter to, at least in my country. So I send postcards to Finland ( the nearest country to me) and to the USA at the same price.
      And you are welcome, I hope that you'll enjoy postcrossing x

      Удалить
  7. I had never heard of postcrossing before, but the idea is so cute. I might have to give it a go x

    Sophie's Spot

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. You definitely should, I'm in love with postcrossing x

      Удалить
  8. Omg I so want to do this! In fact, this is the first time I've heard of this! wow, sounds so so cool and fun though. Gosh, I'd love to meet and make new friends this way, super adorable! x

    sami | possiblysami.com

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I'm happy that you want to take part in postcrossing now :) It is really great thing and I like it so much x

      Удалить
  9. This is really interesting, I have never heard of it. I suppose it is similar to pen pals which I did as a child through school. Thank you for sharing.

    ОтветитьУдалить
    Ответы
    1. I wanted to find something like pen pals and this is how I found out about postcrossing :)

      Удалить
  10. Wow, I love this! I think I might join in.
    I particularly like the ones from Asia and Canada!

    ОтветитьУдалить
  11. This is lovely!
    Thank you for the tip.
    I will check out this website

    ОтветитьУдалить